Price per delegate: €1,180
Duration: 2 daysEnquire Now
What will you learn
You will learn how to keep a HSC-300 series high definition camera system working on a day-by-day basis, including the HSC-300 camera and the HSCU-300 control unit with the HDCU-FP1 control panel. The course will show you all the camera system controls, menus, internal switches and adjustments. You will learn how to identify and correct basic faults, and how to identify and diagnose complex faults and the procedures for fixing such faults. You will also learn how to integrate the various components into a system, upgrade the system components and how to add accessories.
Who should attend
This course is intended for engineers and technicians wanting to keep an HXC-300 camera system chain running on a day-to-day basis. Previous experience in maintaining broadcast equipment and broadcast technology is expected. Previous experience in maintaining professional standard definition studio camera systems is useful.
An overview of high definition
The course starts with describing the essentials of high definition video.
- Review of standard definition video.
- Resolution, image size and aspect ratios.
- Colour content in high definition.
- The 1080 and 720 standards.
- Movement capture.
- Frame rates.
- Interlace, Progressive and PsF.
- Connecting and recording HD.
- Working in a mixed HD/SD environment.
This part of the course provides an overview of the complete HSC-300 camera chain.
- Elements of the chain.
- Typical systemisation.
- Lens options and selecting a good lens.
- Common accessories.
- Typical studio use.
- Typical field use.
Controls, connectors and indicators
This part of the course studies the camera system’s external controls and indicators, and what they do.
- Common camera operator controls.
- Common remote control user features.
- Video and audio connections.
- Power connections.
- Lens connections.
- Handling adjustments.
- Audio connections and controls.
- Memory Stick operation.
The menu systems
This part of the course provides an overview of the menus within each camera chain component, explaining the different modes of menu access, what each menu does and when it should be used.
- Accessing and navigating the menus.
- Menu access modes.
- Using engineer-only menus.
System component maintenance and update
This part of the course shows how to diagnose faults in an HXC-100 camera chain, identify where the fault is and if the fault is easily corrected or needs further support to fix.
- Identifying operator mistakes.
- Diagnosing fault conditions and areas.
- Specifying basic from complex faults.
- Seeking help.
Working with Digital Triax
The HSC-300 camera use a new Digital Triax system to connect to the control unit. This part of the course explains the benefits of Digital Triax, how to handle and connect it.
- Digital Triax compared to conventional Triax.
- Digital Triax compared to fibre.
- Handling Digital Triax cable.
- Connection and power-up sequence.
- Cabling limitations.
- Field use and studio use.
- Storage considerations.