Price per delegate:
Duration: 1/2 dayEnquire Now
What will you learn
This course will show you how to diagnose and fix faults with a TEOS system in order to keep it fully operational on a day-to-day basis. You will learn about the common user errors that may result in an unstable system.
Who should attend
First-line support IT engineers or technicians that will be tasked with keeping a TEOS system fully operational on a day-to-day basis.
Understanding the TEOS system
The course starts with an explanation of TEOS, what it is, system capabilities and the required components:
- TEOS capabilities, features and benefits.
- Using TEOS in different environments.
- Components that make up a TEOS system.
Analysing Windows Server issues
The section of the course will show you what to look for on the Windows Server when troubleshooting a TEOS system.
- Obtaining Windows Server logs.
- Interpreting Windows Server logs.
- Performing a methodical fault analysis.
Analysing SQL database
This part of the course will focus on troubleshooting the SQL database.
- Restarting the SQL database.
- Obtaining and interpreting SQL database logs.
- Checking the database settings.
IIS (Internet Information Services) diagnostics
This part of the course summarises the purpose and operation of IIS and the importance of each IIS setting.
- Opening the IIS settings.
- Understanding the IIS settings.
- Ensuring the IIS settings are correct.
This section will show you how to fix issues with the individual devices controlled by TEOS.
- Performing a logical fault analysis.
- Checking device IP address and network settings.
- Using network analysers and debuggers.
Hands-on practical sessions
This final section provides an opportunity to practice their skills on a real TEOS system. Delegates will be divided into small groups and asked to fix specific issues and faults placed in the system by the trainer.
- Hardware and cabling issues
- Device network settings
- Windows Server issues
- SQL database errors