Price per delegate:
Duration: 1/2 dayEnquire Now
What will you learn
This course will guide you through a complete installation of a TEOS system. This system could be for use in either meeting room environments, digital signage environments or a mixture of the two. You will start by learning what TEOS is and what is required before starting the physical installation. You will install the Windows prerequisites, SQL database and TEOS applications. You will learn about the various devices that can be controlled with TEOS and discuss possible workflows.
This course is a mixture of theory and practical and you will build your own system as part of a small group during the training course.
Who should attend
This course is intended for system integrators and engineers looking to install a TEOS system or plan for a TEOS installation.
Basic experience in AV media systems installation is useful.
Understanding the TEOS system
The course starts with an explanation of TEOS, what it is, system capabilities and the required components:
- TEOS capabilities, features and benefits.
- Using TEOS in different environments.
- Components that make up a TEOS system.
This section explains the role and tasks of a TEOS administrator.
- Understanding different types of TEOS workflow.
- What administrators are expected to do.
- TEOS superusers vs users.
This section explains how to set up new users, how to edit existing users as well as setting and modifying user permissions.
- Setting up users
- Understanding the different permission types.
- Editing the user permissions.
This part of the course covers setting and controlling individual devices within a TEOS system.
- Setting a devices static IP address.
- Registering a device into the TEOS system.
- Creating device groups based on type or location.
- Remotely controlling devices or device groups.
- Replacing an existing TEOS device.
- Adding new hardware.
Handling external data
This part of the course explains how to administer external data and data feeds.
- Understanding and using RSS feeds.
- Streaming material from YouTube or social media.
This part of the course covers the different calendars that can be integrated into TEOS to allow meeting room control.
- Which calendars can be connected
- Connecting a Google Calendar
- Connecting a Microsoft Exchange Calendar
- Connecting an Outlook Calendar
This section of the course shows the three different schedule types and alarms that can be configured on a TEOS system.
- What schedules are and how they work together
- Setting power schedules.
- Setting action schedules.
- Setting content schedules.
- Setting emergency alarms.