Price per delegate: Upon enquiry
Duration: 1 dayEnquire Now
What will you learn
By attending this course you will have gained a good understanding of the requirements of a Sound Recordist on set. You will gain a thorough overview and hands-on experience.
Who should attend
Students on media/film courses who are interested in getting hands-on experience and tuition with high-end equipment.
Beginners thinking about starting a career or hobby in Sound Recording.
This course covers the following topics regarding the role of an on-set sound recordist:
- Choosing the correct microphone for your situation.
- Learning how to understand a microphone’s character and therefore its potential uses.
- Microphone technique - positions and distances to capture useable sound for different situations.
- Radio mics - basic theory, setup and overview.
- Mixer/recorder - setup and operational info, gain structure and noise floor.
- Cameras: setting up a cameras inputs, line up and setting up a return audio feed.
- Sending audio to multiple cameras
- Wireless camera links (brief overview)
- Timecode – overview.
- Handing your rushes on to the client.
- Optional extras if time allows:
- Director in ear monitor (brief overview)
- Communications on set (brief overview)
- Wireless boom and Boom Opp wireless monitor