Price per delegate: £750
Duration: 1 dayEnquire Now
What will you learn
We will take you on a ‘hands-on’ journey covering the complete SRX-R500 series projectors Service and Maintenance requirements. You will learn how to replace various components and the maintenance tasks involving both the projector and server. The course is fully structured and will run at a pace that suits you.
Who should attend
The course is aimed at engineers, either relatively new to Digital Cinema or with some existing experience in the field. You may already have some experience with Sony projectors and wish to enhance your existing knowledge. Ideally you should have already attended the SRX-R500 series projectors installation course or have experience installing the SRX-R500 series projectors. Groups are kept as small as possible, allowing hands-on access to the projector and software.
The course starts with hands on removal and replacement of key components within the projector.
- Optical components
- Power components
- Controller boards
- Lamp power supplies
You will then be shown how to conduct other various tasks relating to projector service and maintenance needs.
- Walkthrough of signal flow for video and control signals
- How to backup and restore before and after parts replacements
- Cleaning procedures for optical parts
- How to perform battery swaps
- How to identify which parts need replacement when you have a certain problem
- Troubleshooting and fault finding
- How to perform software updates using projector software and the SMS-Monitor Tool
- PCAT/PCAB calibration (gamma and uniformity alignment)
- Alignment procedures after cleaning optical components
The final part of the course looks at the various tasks relating to the server.
- Replacement of boards
- How to swap HDD
- How to swap operating system drives
- Server backup and restore
- How to swap server whilst keeping all content
- Rebuilding the RAID